The purpose of the STEM Initiative is to encourage young Haitians to pursue studies and careers in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. ADIHA will collaborate with community organizations and schools with a large concentration of Haitian students to achieve this goal by bringing to these communities programs and activities that will expose young people to STEM disciplines. ADIHA will also offer mentorship and guidance, from college preparation and admission process to career choices. In addition, through the Gerard Marc Memorial Scholarship, ADIHA will offer financial support to the most qualified students.
The ADIHA STEM Initiative will take a long term approach which will identify promising students and guide them early in their lives.
ADIHA will undertake the following activities:
- Youth Design Charettes
- Field trips to places of interest
- Career fairs
- Coding camp- one-week coding camp during the summer
- Scholarships to science and engineering camps/programs
- Partner with NSBE to offer summer camp programs
- STEM&Arch Careers Workshop- three-hour workshop to introduce different disciplines and career paths. It will be a high level introduction to various careers in STEM disciplines.
The idea is to expose young people to the career possibilities and help guide them in preparing for these careers.
If you are an organization and would like to partner with ADIHA, please contact the administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.