The Gerard Marc Memorial Scholarship Fund was established in 2012 to honor the memory of Dr. Gerard Marc. Dr Marc used his energy to systematically and patiently acquire and share knowledge to empower his community. Now that he has joined the ancestors, his intellectual rigor, dedication, and generosity will forever convey the spirit of the Association with a quiet eloquence.
Gerard P. Marc was licensed in Agricultural Science, specialized in horticulture and food microbiology (preservation and canning technology). Mr. Marc also held a License in biochemistry and microbiology and completed his graduate studies in agro-industrial administration.
Mr. Marc was an entrepreneur who, as President of Home Landscaping lnc., executed and realized architectural landscaping projects for the Federal Building, Adam Clayton Powell Jr., State Office Building, Teachers College, Columbia University, Lincoln Center, Avery Fisher Hall in New York City. Mr. Marc, also offered professional services as consultant in tropical, subtropical and general agriculture as well as in systematic Caribbean botany.
As an Agricultural writer, Mr. Marc published three books, among which “Elevage des Poules et des Dindes,” and “Contamination Microbiemiedes Viandes.”
The purpose of the Gerard Marc Memorial Scholarship is to provide financial scholarships for students who are pursuing undergraduate and graduate degrees in a science, technology, engineering, and/or mathematics (STEM) field, and are members of the Association Des Ingénieurs Haïtiens et Américains (ADIHA).
ADIHA has expanded the GM scholarship program to award three (3) scholarships as follows:
- Two (2) scholarships of $1,500 each to two (2) undergraduate college student enrolled in an accredited college and with a declared major in a STEM discipline
- One (1) $2,000 to a graduate student pursuing a post graduate degree in a STEM discipline from an accredited college or university
College Students- Eligibility Requirements
- Minimum 3.00 GPA on a 4.00 scale
- Major or declared major in a STEM field
- Must be an active ADIHA member
- Must be enrolled in an accredited post-secondary education institution in the United States
- Proof of enrollment may be requested. Applications will be evaluated and the recipient(s) selected by the Membership Committee of ADIHA. Only applications submitted for the Gerard Marc Memorial Scholarship will be considered for the awards.
- Completed Application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Latest official transcript
- A letter of recommendation from a STEM professor, advisor, or teacher
- A letter of recommendation from a community or business leader